Updated August 7, 2019
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
2. Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information:
Information you provide Us directly:
- Name, username, password, mailing address, phone number, email address, User preferences, general preferences, credit card information and payment history.
- Host or Guest profile information that you provide (as set forth in Section 3).
- Submitted Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Products.
- You may send messages to other users through the site, and We have access to those communications.
- Communications between you and Us. For example, We may send you Product-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Products, technical and security notices). Note that you do not have the ability to opt out of Product-related e-mails.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Analytics information: We may use analytics tools (including third-party tools) to help Us measure traffic and usage trends for the Products. These tools collect information sent by your device or Our Products, including the places you visit, how often you use the Products, add-ons, and other information that assists Us in improving the Products. We collect and use this analytics information in an aggregated form with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use Our Products, Our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to Our Users which then help Us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Products.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access Our Site or other Products, We may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Garagetime.
- A device identifier may deliver information to Us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Products and may help Us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Products may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Metadata: Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with Submitted Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of Submitted Content was collected and how that content is formatted. Our Products and processes may make use of such metadata.
3. Garage/Host Profile Pages
4. Guest Profile Pages
5. Storing and Sharing of Your Information
Your information may be provided to third parties as set forth below and according to the Terms and Conditions.
Parties with whom We may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers data, with third-party organizations that help Us provide the Products to you (“Service Providers”). Service Providers may provide hardware, software, networking, hosting, storage and related technology services. Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the service within a Product under reasonable confidentiality terms. Garagetime incorporates reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, or wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party advertising networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We use reasonable efforts to avoid providing Personal Information to third parties. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Garagetime does not knowingly collect Personal Information anyone under the age of 18 and We will delete any information later determined to have been collected from a user younger than the age of 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, DO NOT USE OUR PRODUCTS.
7. Privacy Questions